1 Comment so far

1.    Wick on March 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello, Timmy! This is Amanda. We’re all commenting on each other’s posts since Rosemary’s not in today. We’re supposed to be posting feedback, suggestions for improvements, impressions, etc., as she indicated on the course website.

I really like your composition for your seven photo set! It sort of reminds me of an audio wave, if that makes any sense. One of… hm. I’m not sure how to describe them, really. But one of these: http://tinyurl.com/73ff7jg

Which I think is entirely appropriate to your subject material.

I was going to suggest that there seems to be a lack of context in your photos regarding the narrative they’re referencing specifically, but I have a feeling this might be what you were going for. It looks like whatever concert you were photographing was more of a rave, which I imagine are pretty intentionally disorienting, so I do see what you were doing.

However, if a concert is intentionally disorienting, I think the narrative encapsulating its experience should be very intentionally disorienting as well–that is, there should be attention drawn to the fact that there’s a removal of context. Maybe if you arranged you five photo set the same way you arranged your seven photo set, to reference the visualization of sound more explicitly, it might be more effective? I hope I’m making sense.

I do think your single photo sequence is effective, though there seems to be some sort of odd light texturing going on in that photo in particular. But that might have to do something with the way light refracts in a camera lens or something. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know much about photography. It’s neat, though, and I would be hesitant to suggest that you get rid of it.

But anyway, that’s about all I have. Thanks for sharing!

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind