SPEAK FOR ME… Timmy Cook’s Final

May 3, 2012 | | Comments Off on SPEAK FOR ME… Timmy Cook’s Final

This idea sprouted into my mind after researching Matt Siber. I absolutely loved his work from the beginning, with his ability to manipulate his environment so perfectly that he could leave something so unnatural and foreign in our minds with the possibility that floating signs really could exist. I began to think about what I could do with the “manipulation effect” as I have coined it. I began to feel an emotional disconnect with the signs that directed my life, whether it is an abrupt stop sign or a simple sticker saying that visa is a form of currency accepted at the establishment. I began to think what would the signs say if instead of a bland person making these direct, cold statement, the signs themselves had a personality, what would the say and what emotion would they express? The ball started rolling and before I knew it I was already done with the project. Included with each “re-photograph” is an explanation bringing the viewer up to speed with why I not only chose the sign , but also why the sign is saying what it is!

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind